At 8 pm on 2 March my mom starting experiencing extreme pain and asked for pain meds. Within minutes she started to complain of chest pains and began to hyperventerlate. I tried to get her breathing slowed down but she became non responsive. I finally got her to open her eyes but she wasn't quite there. I called 911 to get help as she became more and more non responsive but breathing.
On the way to the hospital she had some minor flutters on the EKG, 02 was 82 and heartrate was 150. Dr's did another EKG and found her heart to be doing what it is suppose to be doing. The Dr's next concern was a blood clot from post op surgery and not moving around enough. After x-rays and a CAT scan they ruled out the blood clot issue. Her potasium levels were etremely low and had her drink some "real nasty orange drink" (as my mom put it) :)
The ER Dr and oncall cardio Dr decided to keep her over night for observation and test her enzyme levels throught the night till mid morning just to be on the safe side. Apparently if your heart is in distress it will prouduce enzymes in your blood. (www.webmd.com/heart-disease/cardiac-enzyme-studies) All of mom's came back negitive for these enzymes. She ate a HUGE lunch and we were able to take her home shortly after that.
Once we got home mom slept most of the afternoon. After 4 hours of sleep myself, I found myself not able to sleep. I finally broke down and cried as I figured I would after all was said and done. It is most certainly difficult to see anyone close to you (espec your mom) suffer and struggle emotionally and physically.
So i end this with my favorite quote " Life is too short to short to wake up with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life.....let it"
She and I both recieved numerous calls/text/emails/prayers from all of those who love us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment