I have been home with Emmie since Monday with fever and vomiting this week. Fevers have been controlled with Tylenol and Motrin but they spike up pretty high (103). But when they come down they are 100 and she acts fine except she doesn’t want to eat or drink. I have taken her to the Dr 2 times this week but they say it is a virus and it will take 3-5 days before she gets better.
Today (Friday) (day 5) I took Emmie to CDC ( child development center) b/c she was seemingly better and had no fever. I got a call from them around 12 saying she was shivering and crying and I went there she was napping so I left her there. I told them I needed an hour to finish my slide show and I would be back to get her. 20 mins later I get a call that her fever was 101. They said to just finish what I was doing and get there. I called her doctor to figure out what to do and waiting 10 mins later CDC called and said her fever was 103.5 and she was throwing up everywhere. I began to cry at work b/c I was so overwhelmed and needed to get the slide show done at work for the ball. I composed myself and left my CAC card with someone to finish my slide show and I rushed over to CDC b/c they were going to call the ambulance. I told them not to that I was on my way. Emmie looked so pathetic and we went straight to the ER at the army hospital. We waited about 10 mins for triage and when they took her temp it was 105! I couldn't believe that she was that hot and I felt so bad for her. They gave her Tylenol and Motrin at the same time and had me take her clothes off. We waited in the triage room for about an hour and a half and we got the next bed. Her fever had come down to 102 by then. After talking with the doctor he said her lungs were clear and it was most likely an URI. I talked with him some more and he agreed that more test needed to be done with all that has gone on this week. So they did a cath to test her for UTI and chest x-rays. No UTI, but pneumonia. It is in her right lung by her heart. Her O2 stats were 98% and she was not coughing uncontrollably. So we got to go home and not be admitted to the hospital. She also has a double ear infection. There is so much crap coming out of her ears. That was something new today also. I felt so bad b/c I thought she was getting better b/c she had no fever yesterday evening to this morning and ate a big plate of food. She is a bit dehydrated and has to really work hard at getting her to drink. She doesn't even want popsicles.
Here are a few pics from the ER. Nothing like trying to keep her entertained while her fever was down b/c she was acting like a normal 2 year old and into everything! Only 4 more months of this deployment. Right now..that 4 months can’t come soon enough!








No comments:
Post a Comment