Monday, August 24, 2009

Update from Iraq


Greetings from Iraq, everything is going well. Its been busy for me here. I am no longer in Kalsu my company move me to Camp Taji. This place is like ten times bigger than Kalsu, but there is one good thing about being up here, and that is I fly more and time goes by faster. The rooms are a little smaller, and its farther walk to everything. The foods ok and there is a good group of people here. Just can't wait until I get to come home in Oct. for R&R then its back here for another 6 months. Then it time to come home for good.

I had my first true meddevac mission the other morning we got a call at 4:30 in the morning, and I was barley awake when we took off but by the time we got to the landing zone I was ready to go and all my training that I have been doing for year it seems kicked in and I was good to go. The Pt lived and it made it even better.

Well I will talk to everyone soon, Take care. And for my wife I will keep my head in the window.

No comments: