Sunday, December 18, 2011

Moser 2011 Christmas Newsletter

 This year I decided to do something different with our annual Christmas newsletter and Christmas card.  Everyone is always talking about going paperless.......well I still had to send out cards because it is always exiting to get "real" mail nowadays.

2011 has been a busy year and a year of challenges.  As you all know Bob deployed again for a year in June.  He went to Afghanistan this time and enjoying different scenery than just desert.  Thankfully he has not been too busy.  Being a flight medic, that is always good to hear as there are low injuries for transport in the area that he is in.  We were fortunate enough to watch Bob re-enlist for another six years via Skype back in October.  It was a proud moment for us.

Loren turned 11 this year and is 5'5 now!  I was tall when I was her age and she seems to be rolling right behind me.  She started the 6th grade and has picked up playing the Cello.  She really enjoys it and plays for us via Skype for practice.  She even pretends to let Emily play it through the computer screen.  It is just the sweetest thing to watch.  in Jul, Loren was selected out of hundreds of children from this area to attend summer camp in San Antonio through Operation Purple.  It was an honor for her to go as a military child.  The only kids that were there were other military kids that could relate to one another.  Loren also attended the Nov annual Punkin Chunkin in DE.  This year she entered the Miss Punkin Chunkin pageant.  She placed 1st runner up in her age group.  It was her first time doing something like this and she did an outstanding job in front of all of those people!

Emily has changed the most this year.  She is a never ending eating machine that is tall and lanky.  She started pre-school here and loves being a "big" girl going to her "big" school.  We had some transition issues (i.e. hitting her friends and not listening and running away out of the "time out" chair) that land her in the principles office within two days........sigh.....it was challenging but she has since transitioned well into her class.

As for me, well....I continue to work and take my classes online.  It keeps me busy to help time go by fast  and get this deployment over.  I was lucky enough to have an opportunity to fly to IN to watch the Colts vs Steelers game back in Sept and see my brother.  I had never been to an NFL game before.  It was great!  My best friend Angie went with me and it was good times had by all.   I am grateful for Angie through this deployment.  She has helped me out in so many ways when I needed her.  It helps to have a great friend when your in a time of need and family is so far away.  True friends are so hard to come by.

The last bit of news is we have adopted a dog this week "Baxter". (Dec 11th).  He was abandoned by his owners and found by my local vet office.  I went into get Recon some prescription food (oh by the way he was allergy tested and he is allergic to everything but himself and humans) and the ladies up from had him sitting in their lap......he is a Chihuahua but looks like he is mixed with something.  He is about two years old and does not bark!  He is the equivalent of our Recon...very chill and laid back....it was meant to be as I would not get another dog because they are so much work and we just do not have the time for a new puppy.

I hope that you have enjoyed the newsletter this year.  As always,  Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.


Merry Christmas and Happy New year from Afghanistan, Tx and VA!  Enjoy pictures that highlight our year!




























 




















No comments: